Friday, July 22, 2016

What makes up a community?


The most important thing that makes up a community are people. Without people you can’t have a community. I also believe that the people in the community need to have personal connection and interact with one another. I do believe that this can be accomplished online, as well as in real life. I believe that any community needs to have laws for every individual abides by. Asides from the laws, I think that every person needs to attempt to treat each other with respect. I also believe that each community needs to have a designated space, whether it is a neighborhood or virtual space. The neighborhood I live in is a community. It contains people who connect and interact. It also has rules that everyone in the community must follow, such as no trespassing or letting your dog run around without a leash. Everyone, most of the time, treats each other with respect and respects each other’s privacy. Facebook also has communities. I belong to one called Port Orchard Facebook Group. It is an online community full of people from my Port Orchard community. It is full of people who interact and connect. We give each other advice and recommend places to eat or shop. There are laws and if you violate them you can be reported. We usually treat each other with respect and don’t bash someone if they say something we don’t like. If there is bashing or something disrespectful going on, then people may be kicked out of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment