Friday, July 15, 2016

Virtual Scavenger Hunt


Unfortunately I wasn't able to post a blog message during the scavenger hunt, so instead I am going to write about my experience participating in it. When I initially read through the questions, I thought there was no way that I could figure any of this information out. There was one question in particular about our instructor's middle sister's married name. I was sure that nobody in the class could find that information out, yet someone did. That is really scary to think about. Me and my partner were about to find his wife's maiden name and even that I shouldn't be able to find just by searching someone online. It is crazy to think about how much information the World Wide Web contains. Much of that information isn't even intended to be there. There was a question about what music the Tacoma chickpeas something liked and it is amazing what you can find just by googling it. I was able to find blog posts with recommended songs. There were a couple that stumped me. I was trying to book a trip to stay at the Aulani Disney hotel but it wouldn’t let me book anything for the foreseeable future, so I wasn’t able to answer that one. I think that this assignment was useful in allowing people to realize how much information is accessible and available on the web. It also helped us become familiar with different search tools and methods, as well as allowed us to become more familiar with our classmates by working in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment