Friday, July 22, 2016

Convergence


I am not really sure what I am supposed to be writing about convergence. I have a somewhat good understanding of what it is. I know that it is multiple smaller technologies or networks working together to create on new form of technology that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise. ITunes was an example that was given in class. ITunes needed the World Wide Web, the artists and Apple all merging together in order for it to exist. Now because of this people have IPods with large amounts of music they can listen to. I think that Pokemon GO might be another example of convergence. Without GPS, Pokemon the game, smart phones, and the portable Internet capability, people wouldn't have the ability to engage in that game. Even with all the controversy surrounding the game, I still believe that it is a good thing. I think that convergence is necessary for greater things to emerge, that can make a huge impact in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment