Thursday, June 23, 2016

What do I want out of this class?

Originally I signed up for this class because it fit in with my other summer classes and it was about technology, which I love. However, after reading the description of the course I realized that there is so much that I do not know about the technology that I claim to love. From as far back as I can remember I have had a computer with internet, so it is hard for me to imagine life without it. I believe that learning about the history of the internet and how far it has come, will give me a deeper appreciation for my smart phone or my laptop. I also feel like I am very careless on the internet with my private information. I hope that through this class I can gain a better understanding of how to keep my privacy protected and be more aware of what is being put out there for everyone to see. I have children, specifically a daughter that just turned 11 and loves her new smart phone. I also want to make sure that her privacy is protected, which is very difficult in today's technological world. I believe this is mostly due to us not fully understanding how public and accessible our information is and the type of people in the world ready to exploit it. My goal for this class is to absorb as much information as I can and to come out with a better understanding of technology and how to safely use it in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment